Monday 18 June 2012

May Spotlight Winners


A very Good Morning to everyone,

A little later than normal due to it taking me far longer than it should to get myself sorted after my hols, but I am as always thrilled to introduce two more super talented crafters to you for our monthly 'In the Spotlight Feature'.

I think May was rather a difficult theme, but you proved to us what a super talented bunch you are and we had some really fabulous entries and the final two 'In the Spotlight' are Tanya and Irene.

Links removed to comply with GDPR

Tanya


Heres's a little bit about Tanya: "First of all, thanks so much to Brenda and the Penny Black and More DT for choosing my card for the Spotlight, I'm honoured :D 

My name is Tanya, I'm 23 and live in Ireland. I was never particularly crafty at all up to last year, when I became very ill and spent 10 months in hospital; there was a craft-room for long-term patients there and I started jewellery-making and knitting. Then, another patient brought a card making kit in and shared it with me, and since then I've been addicted! For me, it has been something positive to focus on and take my mind off my illness. I started blogging 6 months ago, having spent hours looking at others' blogs, full of amazing creations. There's so much talent and inspiration out there, I'm always totally in awe of these masterpieces. It's still all so new to me - every time I make a card I learn something new, and I love that."

Irene

And Irene: "Hi, I’m Irene, mum to 3 and grandma to 5, and I am so pleased to have one of my cards in the spotlight. Thank you Brenda and the team.

I have crafted in one form or another, most of my life. My mum taught me to knit when I was 5, and I have dabbled in lots of crafts, but for the last 15 years cards have been my thing. I first started with stamping, but my colouring was awful, but after a water colouring class things improved, and then I was introduced to copics markers and they are now my first choice for colouring.

I  have had my blog for 2 years, and love visiting other blogs for inspiration, there are some very talented people out there, and I  am also a member of a couple of crafting forums, and have made some very good friends" .

Well done to you both, please grab out 'In the Spotlight' sidebar button to display on your own blogs.

1 comment:

susiestacey said...

Congratulations Tanya and Irene both well deserved to be in the spotlight x Susan x